The Great Mystic Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Mystic Portal

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teary eyed at the movies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male
Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2007-05-27

Teary eyed at the movies Empty
PostSubject: Teary eyed at the movies   Teary eyed at the movies Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 9:56 am

Guys are not allowed to cry at the movies. It breaks all of the well established social rules. Even getting teary eyed will bring strange looks from both friends and strangers. It is so taboo for the man to emotionally connect. Women have the better of it where they are allowed to be more human. This modern world forces men to be less human so as to be more manly. An imperative I see imposed by both man and woman alike. A (lesser, I suppose) crime against humanity to make men less human. Comments welcome and I will probably post in another forum to see what the gals have to think...
Back to top Go down
Prof. Akers

Prof. Akers

Male
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Teary eyed at the movies   Teary eyed at the movies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:35 am

I don't have tears streaming down my face but I quite often get so choked up I can hardly talk.
The classic for me is the 1st karate kid movie, my throat swells and my eyes do get wet but I find this getting more common as I get older. Perhaps I now allow myself to show a little more emotion, what frighentens me is the thought I'm going to end up as one of those old men who cry at the drop of a hat, if that happens my tear ducts are getting cauterized!
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male
Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Teary eyed at the movies   Teary eyed at the movies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:33 pm

Ahh, yes, the choked up part. That is usually a part of it, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teary eyed at the movies   Teary eyed at the movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teary eyed at the movies
Page 1 of 1