The Great Mystic Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Mystic Portal

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Missing Posts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smallelk

smallelk

Female
Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Missing Posts Empty
PostSubject: Missing Posts   Missing Posts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:46 am

I am still missing posts. HMMFFFF
For eg. FOA wrote to me in Free Psychic Readings but the sign for new posts wasnt showing. Also on the main index PSYCHIC was marked as No new Posts. As I find new posts I mark them "Start Watching", but thats only if I find the post.

Have I forgot to set something properly?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/smallelk/
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128

Missing Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Posts   Missing Posts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 11:23 am

No, I don't think you have forgotten to set anything properly.

I normally don't go through the Portal when I look at posts...

I go to the main Index page. If a forum AND a sub forum lights up at the same time, first look at the sub forum. It is normally the post there that alerts you on the main forum too...

If you have read the sub forum post, and the main forum is still lit after you return to the Index Page, then it means there is a seperate message on the main forum too...

That's about all I can tell you... If you use the Index page as opposed to the Portal, you can't miss posts... The lights are there to show you the way....

love and rainbows

Raka
Back to top Go down
smallelk

smallelk

Female
Number of posts : 229

Missing Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Posts   Missing Posts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 11:27 am

Sorry Spirit Sis but I beg to differ. FOA's post has been there since I think May 20th but the light wasnt lit to show me the way. Razz On the main index or Home page and the sub posts, everything was marked as read.

Its just one of those mysteries that make you go hmmmmm scratch

So now I check the Portal and the Home page.farao
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/smallelk/
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female

Missing Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Posts   Missing Posts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 11:33 am

I have noticed that if a forum lights up and you visit it and there were more than one post lit up in it...and you click on one of them, the forum's light goes out...I think the forum believes that if you've been there, you've checked ALL the relevant posts...

If you then want to read the others which you haven't read when visiting the forum while the light was on, you need to remember which ones they were...because they will be shown as having been read... At least that is in my experience.

The only way to avoid that is after you have read one post in a specific forum, (and there are more posts to read), is to click on the previous page on your screen and go back to the originally lit up forum and then pick the next post from there... It's a shlep but well...we just have to keep our eyes peeled.

On the other hand, as you say it may be one of those 'enigmas' that from time to time pop up.... This site is after all 'enchanted'...Heh..so anything is possible here...

love and rainbows

Raka
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male
Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2007-05-27

Missing Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Posts   Missing Posts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 1:41 pm

My observations agree with both Milady and Small Elk. It does take some workaround use of the Back button to get to all relevant posts in a subforum with lights on. But there are time I swear I never got the light for a new post and it was the newest post in a subforum. Not a complaint, just an observation.
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female

Missing Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Posts   Missing Posts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 1:46 pm

Now who the heck goes around switching off the lights...LOL, don't let me catch you in the dark....Oh my....Wink

love and rainbows

Raka
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Missing Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Posts   Missing Posts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing Posts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Great Mystic Portal :: General :: Chit Chat...-
Jump to: