The Great Mystic Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Mystic Portal

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our Feathered Friends

Go down 
+2
Suzi
smallelk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smallelk

smallelk

Female
Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Our Feathered Friends Empty
PostSubject: Our Feathered Friends   Our Feathered Friends Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 8:10 am

I work in the bush, on a Lake and today our yard is full of our Feathered Friends. Theres a Robin screaming at the top of her little lungs. There was a Crow being chased all across the field by two tiny birds, dipping and attacking his back as he flew. A Crane just landed in the lake.
Of course our usual 6 Trumpeter Swans are on the Lake. Turkey Vultures are searching for breakfast, and a bird I cant see very well is diving into the Lake for fish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/smallelk/
Suzi
Admin
Suzi

Female
Number of posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: Our Feathered Friends   Our Feathered Friends Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 9:17 am

sounds lovely place. we don't often see cranes here. I love robins they are my fave birds and i have one who lives in my garden. I only have the usal type of birds, sparrow, starlings, silver headed crows, jays and blue tits with the odd chaffinch.

In the summer time, house martins nest in the eves and over in the fields swifts tirelessly chase insects all day long.

I love birds. I watch them alot, they probably think i am some kind of weirdo lol!!!
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male
Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Our Feathered Friends   Our Feathered Friends Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:30 am

Lots of pigeons. More exotic is the occasional robin and cardinal. Three weeks ago there was a bonafide wild turkey in the road to the parking lot at work.
Back to top Go down
flight _of_angelwings

flight _of_angelwings

Female
Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Our Feathered Friends   Our Feathered Friends Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 7:32 pm

As you know the birds I have in my avairy are all tame all thirty odd of them. They just became that way after living with me for a few years. They will certainly give you their trust once they know that your huge hands and feet arent there to stomp on them. My children also walk into the avairy with green milk thistle weeds in their hands and they will climb all over them eating out if their hair and hands...its so cute.

Heres a pic of two of my newwest babies...Arent they adorable....

Our Feathered Friends Budgie11

Our Feathered Friends Budgie12
Back to top Go down
Skyye

Skyye

Female
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Our Feathered Friends   Our Feathered Friends Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 1:33 am

Aww.. such sweet birdies, Flight!

That must have been a great sight, Smallelk.. birds are lovely, I enjoy watching them, like Suzi Smile

They're just very comforting to look at, I think... and they're always up to something! lol

I do have a few birds around my house with perception impairments, though.. kinda like: "objects are closer than they appear" ..they fly right smack into my window lol scratch

-Skyye
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: Our Feathered Friends   Our Feathered Friends Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 1:48 am

Mmmmmmm.....

Skyye is another 'bird', with a burffday coming up eh Skyye?

The 6th if you filled your profile out correctly...LOL...

love and rainbows

Raka
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: Our Feathered Friends   Our Feathered Friends Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 1:50 am

They are soooo CUTE!!!! Thanks for sharing FOA...!!!!

I love budgies...

Raka
Back to top Go down
Skyye

Skyye

Female
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Our Feathered Friends   Our Feathered Friends Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 2:03 am

Milady Raka wrote:
Mmmmmmm.....

Skyye is another 'bird', with a burffday coming up eh Skyye?

The 6th if you filled your profile out correctly...LOL...

love and rainbows

Raka

Milady Smile

Yep, it's on the 6th Very Happy

*ruffles her feathers*

Should I be on the lookout for 23 unexpected pillow-whacks.. or something a little more dangerous? lol what goes up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Feathered Friends   Our Feathered Friends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Feathered Friends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Great Mystic Portal :: General :: Chit Chat...-
Jump to: