The Great Mystic Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Mystic Portal

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?

Go down 
+7
smallelk
Evie
Suzi
flight _of_angelwings
EarlofLeicester
Runesmisstress
Milady Raka
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male
Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2007-05-27

What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:59 am

Mars is the place we humans, as a civilization, should visit next. Futuristic technology is not required; good ol' 1970's technology would suffice. The seminal work on the subject is Bob Zubrin's The Case for Mars (available here: http://www.amazon.com/Case-Mars-Robert-Zubrin/dp/0684835509/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-9860430-3457430?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1189349833&sr=8-1 -- just a link to Amazon.com for more info on this book).

FRONTIER
Back to top Go down
Suzi
Admin
Suzi

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 3:14 pm

frontier reminds me of a song called frontier psychiatrist. It was a fun pop song with a strange message that interested me. It had a catchy tune too!

I recomend people to have a listen to it.

Funfair
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 4:53 am

Oooohhhh....

The smell of freshly baked cinnamon pancakes, tombolas, the jingle of hoops over a stick. Laughter and shouting.... Shrieks and yells when the big dipper comes down... The melody of the roundabout transporting magickal unicorns going up and down... The House of Horrors....the Gipsy fortune teller...Clowns with bunches of helium filled balloons, sticks of pink, white and green candy floss...and tickets...those pesky tickets you need for the rides, and the disappointment when you are one ticket short and you have no more money left....

Those were the days... (sighs,...LOL)

DOLPHINARIUM

love and rainbows

Raka
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatmysticportal.googleboards.net
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 4:57 am

Dolphin... what? Time to Wiki. Oh, I see, an aquarium for dolphins. I guess my first thought was that of my first trip to the New England Aquarium when I was 10 or something like that. I was really tall for 10 and we (the church group I was a member of, Mom trying hard to stamp out future heathenism) went via public transportation, the T (or subway or underground or tube or whatever you want to call it). Back then, kids under 12 rode for free. And the poor family I was a member of, I had the dollar for admission and that was it. There was a big argument with me and the trolley station attendant about not paying. He didn't believe I was 10. Eventually someone behind me, some woman, paid the dime so I could get on. Very nice of her, thank you whoever you are. Anyway, yes, the aquarium. When I got there, I was overcome by a noxious fume. First floor, right by the entrance, a big display of penguins in faithfully recreated habitat. Having never grown up on a farm, I never knew that animals could smell so bad. Can recall the experience vividly 35 years later, although I don't know what I had for dinner two nights ago, lol. And the dolphin show? Got wet and laughed a lot. Highlight of the trip!

TRIP
Back to top Go down
Suzi
Admin
Suzi

Female
Number of posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:54 am

I tripped down the stairs and banged my head.

Or a school trip, much looked forwards to and enjoyed hugely. Best trip was to a power station near pitlochry. We watched the salmon jump through the salmon ladder, watched the water rush through the power station and marveled at the exotic plants inside the side of a mountain.

Bananas
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 7:43 pm

I love banana cream pie. I don't like the elevated glucose that accompanies it. Heck, I love fruit pies of all kinds!

LOVE
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:03 am

Love....

To me Love is a Blessed Ability bestowed upon Man in order that he may experience and express honesty, friendship, charity, loyalty, affection, empathy, forgiveness and respect towards any other living creature...without the latter having done anything to deserve it....

I have experienced this kind of love from my husband and our 'animal' children for the past 23 years...and found that relationships are not "give and take"...that is trade... True love relationships are "give and give" for only if both give spontaneously...both receive what comes from the heart, not from a feeling of obligation...and only THEN it is blessed beyond words....

May you all experience this kind of love....

RAINBOWS

love and rainbows

Raka
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 4:00 pm

Rainbows make me think of the Bifrost Rainbow, the bridge in Norse legend that connects the realm of man with the realm of the gods (known as Midgard and Asgard, respectively). Rainbows are beautiful, I suspect a lot of cultures have their own perspective on their significance.

CULTURE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Great Mystic Portal :: General :: Fun Fairies and Game Gnomes-
Jump to: