The Great Mystic Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Mystic Portal

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cleaning Wooden, Tiled and not carpetted floors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Runesmisstress

Runesmisstress

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Cleaning Wooden, Tiled and not carpetted floors Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning Wooden, Tiled and not carpetted floors   Cleaning Wooden, Tiled and not carpetted floors Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 12:06 am

I all my life I have loved the smell of a dash of pinoclean and some obscure floor cleaning product around my house. When we renovated this house we choose to go without carpet and instead layed wood and tiled floors due to the carpet keeping everything in no matter how much you vaccum. Although in hind site if I don't keep on top of my sweeping the dust shows up and can be seen rather well on these kinds of floors but at lease I know where it is and can easily sweep it or vaccume it up. After I sweep I fill up a bucket of boiling hot water, (I do this when my son is in bed asleep as I do not want him to stick his hand in the bucket as children are prone to do.) and pour in a white vinegar cleaning product which only cost $2.50 for a letre of the stuff on the supermarket shelves. I pour it counting too three and then start to mop my floors. Any tough stains such as sticky food which you may have missed as it has landed in a place that your child has flung, comes off quite well. The vinegar also acts as a disinfectant so you don't have to worry about disinfecting your floors afterwards. It does not leave a film over the floors and it brings up wooden floors rather well.
Back to top Go down
http://witchs-haven.forumotion.com/index.htm

Cleaning Wooden, Tiled and not carpetted floors
Page 1 of 1