The Great Mystic Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Mystic Portal

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you do

Go down 
+3
Evie
smallelk
Prof. Akers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Prof. Akers

Prof. Akers

Male
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2007-05-23

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 5:21 am

Warm and lazy talk ebbed around the room, close on the heels of the blue cigarette smoke. The windows were opaque with a mixture of condensed breath and nicotine, keeping out the frosty night from temporary emigres seeking salvation and oblivion in equal parts.
We had been discussing anthopolgy and the way certain 'primitive' tribes had what to us were complex and convoluted relationships and kinship structures.
My wifes' lovers best friend and I were drunkenly trying to sort out the difference between matrilineal and matriarchal when he suddendly stiffened. He was facing the door that lead from the snug bar to the barren streets outside, a look of total horror passed across his face as a blast of frigid air signaled the arrival of yet refugee from lifes' stresses.
" Oh my God it's HER! Said my wifes' lovers best friend with a mounting note of panic in his normally quietly modulated voice.
"Who?" I inquired disinterestedly. I was far more interested in the ancient and encrusted stains on my beer glass and whether they added a certain piquancy to the warm flat beer or merely indicated a new life form had spontainiously erutpted.
"You now -HER."
Now I looked up.
My wifes' lovers best friend was visibly shaking. The copious spillage from his shaking hand added to the interesting stains on his own glass.
"You don't mean....."
"Yes," interjected my W.L.B.F> "It's your wifes' lovers former lover, with whom I, myself once had a short affair. My God she's seen us and she's heading this way."
"This sounds too good to miss, I take it you don't want me to retire gracefully from the scene?"
"If you leave me know I'll never darken your theshold again. The womans' a bloody parasite," he replied.
Whilst he was speaking and introducing us my brain was aching with the strain of trying to sort out these tangled realtionships.
Now it may have been that I was more than usually sparkling, perhaps it was my new suit - more likely it was the brand new Jag. that came with the job , the keys of which I carelessly dangled from the fingers of one hand.
Whatever, before the night was over we finished up in bed together, my then wifes' former lovers' former lover and I.
We all knew the relationships we had with each other but life did get difficult if we went out for a drink.
From my viewpoint, ther was myself, my then wife, my wifes' lover, my wifes'lovers' best friend and my lover who is also the fromer lover of my wifes' lover and my lovers' best friend.
It's not often I wished we lived in a more 'primitive' society or that we belongged to soem Australian Aborigone tribe but they at least would have a word to cover the multi-farious from of relationships that we can concieve of.
The only prayer we have is that the ladies involved do not turn lesbian or that my then wife and my then wifes' lovers' best firend do not become lovers.
How would we introduce each other at parties?
Back to top Go down
smallelk

smallelk

Female
Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2007-05-12

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 10:27 am

scratch
Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/smallelk/
Evie

Evie

Female
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 10:50 am

lol! I was briefly speechless myself!
I have no idea what we would call these special friends of yours.
Interesting story, though. Nothing surprises me anymore.... LOL

Evie
Back to top Go down
Suzi
Admin
Suzi

Female
Number of posts : 281

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 11:05 am

as long as they aren't called uncle pa or aunt mom, i guess your shag life is your own lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 11:12 am

Thank God it's FICTION....!!!! (faints)
Back to top Go down
Prof. Akers

Prof. Akers

Male

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:08 pm

Who ever said it was fiction?
At one time I lived a very complex life and very fulfilling but things change, this was the late 70s, we were all adults and no-one was forced into anything.
Do I regret it - no, does my ex wife - no, but I wouldn't discuss it with my children. More stories from the pub later.
Back to top Go down
Vishwas
Admin
Vishwas

Male
Number of posts : 95

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:10 pm

WOW, good one, u almost got me confused there for the fraction of a nano-second.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vcvtech.net
Prof. Akers

Prof. Akers

Male

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 4:23 am

I love writing short stories, to me it is the pinnacle of writing. To try to get your ideas across ( hopefully with a touch of humour) and with a twist or at least a curve at the end is so hard.
Anyone can bang reams of descriptive rubbish (no criticism intended to anyone) but to edit those pearls and throw out the dross is so hard.
Best of luck to all who want to be an author and to publish on here, my heart really does go out to you aal.
Stuart
Back to top Go down
Suzi
Admin
Suzi

Female
Number of posts : 281

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 8:51 am

short story writing is a special talent that few people have any genuine ability to do. It takes a special person to get a story over with few words.

I like your style Prof, you are truly an interesting person.

Suzi
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male
Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2007-05-27

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 8:03 am

Got lost when reading this story. what goes up... Maybe that was the point???
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:35 pm

Awwww.....our poor Earl....LMAO!!!

You are so funny sometimes....(offers him an aspirine for the headache)

love hugs and rainbows

Raka
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How do you do Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you do   How do you do Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you do
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Great Mystic Portal :: Fiction-
Jump to: