The Great Mystic Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Mystic Portal

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Honest Opinions PLEASE!!

Go down 
+3
smallelk
Milady Raka
flight _of_angelwings
7 posters
AuthorMessage
flight _of_angelwings

flight _of_angelwings

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Empty
PostSubject: Honest Opinions PLEASE!!   Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 5:11 am

H all,

I have just done a picture for my sister for her wedding to her husband in three weeks time. It is for her bedroom they are both in their late mid thirties. They have four kids between them and have been together for about 6 yrs now and finally tying the not in a very small family only ceremony.

As we dont have finances on our side I asked her what would she like and she suggested an Angel picture somehow suitable for her bedroom.

So i showed it via email to my mum and Dad and they were taken aback they dont like the picture that much I think its because of the breast. although I am very proud of it and I thought for over her bed and a wedding pressie what better picture than one full of angelic lust/love..

Please I need some honest opinons on this and would love your thoughts.....I'm in two minds now unsrure of if I should give it to them after I did it I was so sure but now....hmmmmmm

please bear in mind the first pic is a little over exposed due to flash on my camera taken at night, the second pic is a little more real to true color definition in painting. Its about 1 metre 20 by about 80 cm

Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Weddin10

Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Weddin11
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: Honest Opinions PLEASE!!   Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 6:10 am

Dearest Angel,

This is a beautiful picture and your composition is wonderful. The colours are very romantic and soft and the energy I am getting from it is 'love on a higher level'... Somehow 'lust' doesn't appear here for me... Only beauty and love....

I think it is a beautiful gift for them, provided they hang it in a place where the children cannot walk in on it...

love and rainbows

Raka
Back to top Go down
smallelk

smallelk

Female
Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Honest Opinions PLEASE!!   Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 6:19 am

Hi FOA
The picture is beautiful. I get true love and passion from the pic. Mothers are a little more old fashioned sometimes. Is your sister
accepting of this type of art? I hope she is because its a lovely
work of art.

I just had to edit my message because my little voice just said "It will add/or bring more passion to the bedroom. <smiles>
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/smallelk/
Skyye

Skyye

Female
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Honest Opinions PLEASE!!   Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 6:51 am

That is some amazing artwork, Flight! I actually enjoy the feathers most of all, I love the detailing on them and their shapes Very Happy and I have to agree with Raka and smallelk... there's more love and passion in this than lust and that's simply beautiful to see in art. I'm sure your sister will love it! hugs

Warm hugs,

-Skyye
Back to top Go down
Suzi
Admin
Suzi

Female
Number of posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: Honest Opinions PLEASE!!   Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 9:10 am

Its a lovely pic, your mum is slightly old fashioned in her views. Its your sister and you know best what she likes and you made that pic specially for her so she will appreciate it even more.

My sister loves all the things i make for her because she knows i didn't buy it and its a one of a kind for her specifically!

I have to say i would have that pic on the wall in my bedroom no problem and even if its somewhere the kids can see it that would not bother me. boobs are normal things, half the population have them and the other half have man boobs anyways lol!
Back to top Go down
Delphina

Delphina

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Honest Opinions PLEASE!!   Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 11:48 am

Well..
1.) You know your sister best Smile
2.) If your having doubts, take her window shopping, try to find something similar and ask her for an opinion
3.) I think it's beautiful
4.) I'm sure I saw something similar to this in a church... um
5.) My kids would love it!
6.) And, if you are having any doubts, I'll send you my address. hugs

flower Delphina
Back to top Go down
flight _of_angelwings

flight _of_angelwings

Female
Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Honest Opinions PLEASE!!   Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 5:17 pm

Thanks for your thoughts.

I think having my Mum respond the way she did put doubt in my mind but before that I was so sure and positive it would be perfect for her so I will go with my judgement before I showed it to mum and give it to my sister anyway.

I think its perfect for a bedroom and my kids love it they think its really pretty, and she actually has two teenage sons 18 and 16 so I dont think they'll mind a bit of breast around their mums place at all....lol...

Its for over her bed she wanted an Angel for over her bed so I put in one and the great thing is you dont know if the girl is or the guy or both?
Its all about capturing the innergoddess within and putting trust within oursleves and our Marriage.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Skyye

Skyye

Female
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Honest Opinions PLEASE!!   Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 4:15 am

It *is* really pretty and since your sis has older children, there won't be any discomfort in displaying this work of art, it's gorgeous Smile

Something created personally with all the true love in the world is the best gift anyone could receive, especially when it's between sisters. Let us know what she thinks!

Warm hugs,

-Skyye
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: Honest Opinions PLEASE!!   Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 4:40 am

Didn't know the children were big already.....

love and rainbows

Raka
Back to top Go down
Evie

Evie

Female
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Honest Opinions PLEASE!!   Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 9:45 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=335b4446>
I am so impressed with your art work .... Picasso This is
beautiful, and the feelings coming from it are totally
spiritual.

LOL at Delphina... I was gonna offer my address too!
But, I know your sister is going to love this!

Is the likeness of the woman and angel your sister and her husband?

Flight of Angel Wings... you could go places with your art work... It is divine.
I'd like to see more ... there has to be more! Please show us. I have a
spot that would love a beautiful Angel painting... (hint hint) Are you
selling your art work?

P E A C E
Evie Evie's Peace</BLOCKQUOTE>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honest Opinions PLEASE!!   Honest Opinions PLEASE!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honest Opinions PLEASE!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Great Mystic Portal :: General :: Chit Chat...-
Jump to: