The Great Mystic Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Mystic Portal

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?

Go down 
+7
smallelk
Evie
Suzi
flight _of_angelwings
EarlofLeicester
Runesmisstress
Milady Raka
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2007-05-12

What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Empty
PostSubject: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 1:13 pm

Write a random word and let the next poster tell what image(s) come(s) to mind when looking at it... Then they choose the next word for the following poster to link to a memory image...

Example:

First poster: ROSES

Second poster: Roses remind me of my first boyfriend who brought me a rose when he asked me out the first time...

PALM TREES

Third poster: Palm trees remind me of my vacation five years ago when I went to the Virgin Islands for two weeks...(wish I could stay there)....

TOTAL ECLIPSE

etc....

Well here we go....

First word to start the game is:

BUBBLEGUM
Back to top Go down
Runesmisstress

Runesmisstress

Female
Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 4:52 pm

A tv character from the Australian Comedy company called Kylie Mole, she was a school girl with a horrible black straight wig, freckles drawn on her face and she use to have bubble gum which she would chew on and stretch out of her mouth winding it around her finger and say stuff like "She goes, she goes...well she just goes alright." Funny at the time but can't say I would laugh now that I am older...lol

Spandex
Back to top Go down
http://witchs-haven.forumotion.com/index.htm
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male
Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:07 pm

Spandex uniforms. Two years ago I was writing a satirical scifi novel and the space amazons wore spandex uniforms. It was pretty funny (I thought) because it was so bad. Sadly an electrical storm hit and both computer's hard disks were fried at the same time, consigning 100+ pages to never never land and teaching me that backing up over the network is not enough redundancy.

LIGHTNING
Back to top Go down
flight _of_angelwings

flight _of_angelwings

Female
Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 11:44 pm

Opening all the blinds in my home at night to captrue every break of lights that bounces around the lit sky. lightning is exciting and fun, powerful and we have amazing storms here by the beach.

Sandunes
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 12:37 am

I live in the desert, so sandunes make me speak 'french' since I have to clean my house three to four times a day. I heard that Israel sometimes receive sand from the Sahara, (depending on the wind direction and strength), and I can believe that because half of it lands in my home. So either close all the shutters and wait until the sky becomes blue again as opposed to brown... or let it all in and write my name on the TV screen which I just cleaned five minutes ago...LOL...

WATERMELON
Back to top Go down
Runesmisstress

Runesmisstress

Female
Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 1:49 am

I will never complain about sand in my house again...lol

As for watermelon, I have a melon baller that I use to ball up the watermelon and give my son for lunch. He absolutely loves it and it is gone before I turn back around.

Cultivation
Back to top Go down
http://witchs-haven.forumotion.com/index.htm
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:40 am

Cultivating takes on non-agricultural meaning in high tech New England. Cultivation refers to acquiring professional contacts in one's personal network. I do not cultivate. People are people and not business cards in a rolodex or bits and bytes in a PDA. My lack of approach has been called strange and I have been branded rude, antisocial and a hermit.

HERMIT
Back to top Go down
Suzi
Admin
Suzi

Female
Number of posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 10:56 am

Hermit reminds me of books and stories about hermits from childhood. I was always taught that hermits are spiritual and enlightened men who can't cope with the vagaries of modern life.

orange squash
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 11:25 am

Oh dearie me....

ORANGE SQUASH...the hell drink served at little children's birthday parties...because you could get 40 glasses out of one bottle...adding water...sometimes diluted to the point of not even tasting the stuff anymore...

My mother used to dish up this stuff and it was terrible for me to drink. I remember the little orange man who looked terribly fat, pocked skinned and well...ORANGE on the bottle...

In my days these bottles used to be made of glass, with a ribbed neck...pretty bottles....nasty drink...LOL...

HULA HOOPS
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 11:42 am

I have no recollection of Orange Squash and you did live in the USA once so where was I when that stuff was out there. Probably better off without the experience Smile Hula Hoops. Could never get those things to work right. You have to have a sort of rhythm, like in dancing, to get it right. I can't dance either. There's a sort of flow that people get naturally that I don't. Ever seen a sine wave and a digital flip flop. The sine wave flows naturally, artistically, while the digital wave is stidgy, like a set of up and down stairs. No natural flow, everything forced. (In the image below, the top is a sine wave, the bottom 3, especially the second from the top is a digital sine wave):

What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? DI208Fig01

TRIGONOMETRY
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 11:47 am

TRIGONOMETRY.....Probably what this very kinky lady said, bragging....

TRI = THREE

GON = GONE

O = WITH

ME = ME

TRY = Well...I tried.....

lol!

Raka
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 11:52 am

You didn't give us a new word? Or is Raka the new word? A Goddess in human form, sent to us in these trying days? Well, you do owe us a word regardless Wink
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Milady Raka

Female

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 11:57 am

LOL... Embarassed Very Happy

(sneaks back as she remembers she has to give a word...)

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIELLIDOCIOUS
Back to top Go down
Evie

Evie

Female
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 5:24 pm

Mary Poppins? That is the first thing that crossed my mind... then I next thought of "The sound of Music" The first movie I watched in a theatre. That would have be near 40 years ago. Fun memory, it includes my first cigarette experience as well, LOL

P E A C E
Evie

FREEDOM
Back to top Go down
flight _of_angelwings

flight _of_angelwings

Female

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 7:19 pm

Mel Gibson with blue face paint only thing is the guy must've been blind as he only got half his face must be forever just looking at his own profile...lol...

Hypochondriac
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 8:57 pm

People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome have been accused of being hypocondriacs. I never got the official diagnosis, $300 was too much for a condition that's hard to treat regardless.

ACCUSATION
Back to top Go down
flight _of_angelwings

flight _of_angelwings

Female

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 9:22 pm

Accusation...... the way my mother would accuse me of wrong doing after I had made many mistakes and got myself into a lot of trouble in my teens and yet after day after day of working hard. Getting out of hospital facing the courts and rebuilding my life and starting from the ground up...actually no!! starting lower than the ground up I came back from hell and worked my way up so slowly but with every ounce of my being and so damn proud of myself in doing it.. She would still look me in the corner of her eye and look at me as if to accuse me of any of the lastest misdoings.
Took me years and years to gain back her trust. Took me longer to gain back my own which is harder....

Forgiveness
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 7:40 am

Ahh, forgivenes and mercy. Some of the least used traits by humanity over the years. Trying to think of a great act of Norse mercy and none come to mind... they were such a ounitive and practical people. Justice was more important than mercy. I think that I admire because they have traits that I do not have, lol. I think my personality would be more Celtic than Norse, truth be told, and I suspect the Celts were a wee bit more forgiving than the Norse were. Anyone who has ever read a Norse saga is familiar with the term compensation where a victimized party is paid in some way for a crime done against them by the transgressor. Mercy? From these people... hmmm...

COMPENSATION
Back to top Go down
smallelk

smallelk

Female
Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 8:36 am

OOOH! Compensation!
I could use a little this week.
A fellow hit my car with his grocery cart. He was nice enough to wait till I came out of the store to tell me but..........I have to pay the first $500.00 deductible on the repair and if I am lucky, his insurance will compensate me, but they don't have to. Mad

I am buying a home on leased land and the Real Estate advertised the lease at 319.00 mo. Now I find out its 375.00 mo. (My fault for not checking with the Leasor), but I thought thats what I pay the Real Estate Company 6% for.

STRESS
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/smallelk/
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:01 am

Stress is one of the great evils of the modern age and speaks volumes of the world we live in when (supposedly) benign forces and authoritarian figures impose stress on so many people so easily. Man's inhumanity to man takes a lot of forms, some we don't give enough credit to, and the twisted priorities of the modern era is certainly one of them. Oh, to live in simpler times...

UTOPIA
Back to top Go down
Skyye

Skyye

Female
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:51 pm

Utopia.. I'm reminded of this juice drink that was around years ago, Fruitopia, lol.. Not sure if it still exists.. but I don't remember it tasting ANYthing like a utopia scratch

Hmph.. I've never had a utopia that tasted like fruit neither... Razz

VINYL
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 9:20 pm

Vinyl, black and groovy (so to speak), spinning at 33 1/3 RPMs before the age of the audio CD. One piece of vinyl from the 80's has the soundtrack to Labyrinth on it. Homage to the movie from which Skyye's lil' worm is from.

LABYRINTH
Back to top Go down
Suzi
Admin
Suzi

Female
Number of posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 10:50 am

a film that had David Bowie a little girl, her annoying brother and small people in it.

pussy cats
Back to top Go down
EarlofLeicester

EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 3:56 pm

Hmm, what came to mind right away was Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill which is a movie from the 60's and that's all I know. I know the movie title from a an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer when Xander mentions it when Giles goes to take revenge against Angel for killing Jenny. For those not acquainted with the Buffyverse, just ignore the last sentence and it was just a pop culture reference on the show. I suspect the movie had murder or revenge as a theme? Anyway...

WILLOW
Back to top Go down
smallelk

smallelk

Female
Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 4:07 pm

WILLOW promtly brought back a childhood memory. We had a Willow Tree in the back yard and we used to play in it/on it and I remember the tiny black bugs that were always in it.

From WHAT TREE ARE YOU
Sept 3 to Sept 12
Weeping Willow, the Melancholy
Beautiful but full of melancholy, attractive, very empathic, loves anything beautiful and tasteful, loves to travel, dreamer, restless, capricious, honest, can be influenced but is not easy to live with, demanding, good intuition, suffers in love but finds sometimes an anchoring partner.

ISIS
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/smallelk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?   What memory image does this word conjure in your mind? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What memory image does this word conjure in your mind?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Great Mystic Portal :: General :: Fun Fairies and Game Gnomes-
Jump to: