Share | 

Runemisstresses Vent of the week...lol How can I stop at one

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Runesmisstress

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Runemisstresses Vent of the week...lol How can I stop at one   Mon May 28, 2007 11:57 pm

Right just came from another site which most of you know where I moderate as well.....Arrrrrrrgh! Won't go into to much detail as I don't think it should be placed here. I had to do my first bad cop impersonation which I did not like doing at all. After my morning cleaning up the shratnell from the bomb blast in my forum, I spent time with my friend and her daughter who is the same age as my Son and watched them run a mock together. When My son went down for his nap I went back onto the site where I was greated by lots of PMs rude and Insulting, at first I was laughing at how easy they had given me the option to have them banded and now I am just stewing over it which I shouldn't as they were in the wrong and there were attacking people. I was just the mear by stander holding the broom to sweep up after them so they then turned there attack on me....Arrrrrrgh! can't say that word enough in this sentence...Oh well had to get that off my chest, now I might burn some more frankensense incense as I was trying to cleanse the negativity from the fight with my partner the previous night which worked but now I have to do it again and my tea candle has gone out...*stomps foot* Well better get to it and inscibe another tea candle with Wunjo and burn some Frankensense and Lavender incense...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://witchs-haven.forumotion.com/index.htm
Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: h   Tue May 29, 2007 12:36 am

When it rains it pours doesn't it.....LOL!!!!

love and rainbows

Raka

Runesmisstress

Female

PostSubject: Re: Runemisstresses Vent of the week...lol How can I stop at one   Tue May 29, 2007 12:53 am

Well my incense has worked and my tea candle is still going spreading its joy and harmony along with it.

It is horrible when you get sandwiched into stuff like that, hey we live and learn. I also said my power of three spell, which I believed I suggested Suzi try in her post about her work problems.
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Female

PostSubject: Re: Runemisstresses Vent of the week...lol How can I stop at one   Tue May 29, 2007 1:29 am

From my time in the Craft, I have known this to work like a bomb too...

If someone pesters you and/or you wish them to stop bothering you, calling you or interfere with you, all you need to do is write their name on a piece of paper...draw a sigil of a banishing rune over their name, and then place the paper in your freezer...for as long as it's there, and if your intent was right, they won't even call you...or if they are still in contact with you, the 'irritating' part of them will have been frozen....

Normally I find that it 'freezes' them totally...and they stay away from you...very powerful!

Having said that, I believe it is better to 'work through' a problem than to banish a person...since it can always backfire on you if you were not fair to them in the first place...

If you need to banish something, rather banish the 'aspect' that is causing the problem... To do that, you would write their name on a piece of paper, write the irritating aspect below their name and then draw the banishing sigil over the aspect. Then freezer....!!!LOL

love and rainbows

Raka

EarlofLeicester

Male
Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Runemisstresses Vent of the week...lol How can I stop at one   Tue May 29, 2007 4:41 am

Well, I know of the site RM (i.e. Runesmistress) is talking about. I did PM her in her role as mod to address a situation that had arisen. I didn't want to but mod action was needed (and I was regretting having relinquished mod authority on that other site, because I could have handled it without bothering Bec, so I do apologize for having to bother you with it). Like all things, it started innocently enough with a historical discussion of the runes (dear to my heart, as many would suspect) when there were posts on Egyptian runes. One of that sites leading experts on runes made a post that stated, in a nutshell, no such thing. (Note that there could not be magical Egyptian glyph stones, but these are not runes. It's like saying that a Lexus is a Japanese BMW. That's wrong, it is a Japanese luxury sedan. Well, I think Lexus is a Japanese make. I'm not the stereotypical guy that is a "gearhead".)

Anyway, I validated the rune expert, and even joked about it (how being looked on as an elitist pig has its down side, and even that the true Norse on the site should call themselves pigs, or more like boars, as in Freyja's boar, and this was all in good natured humor...) which in retrospect was probably unwise because the proponents of the Egyptian rune got angry and insulting comments were hurled at the "pigs", which was (I hope) never anyone's original intent.

Two thoughts come out of this. One, the more important, is that it is an example of what to do and not to do. The humor, innocent as it was, can backfire. Not being a mod on that site, I was within my right to make a joke, of course, but as a member, consideration of the consequences should have outweighed levity. A chilling reminder of the power of the pen. Everything else I did there was correct, relying on scholarly persuasion and interpretation. I did check out the Egyptian person's blog to see if I could understand what was going on. It was there that I saw that they were assuming (incorrectly) that glyphs=runes. So, I tried to communicate the difference but by then it had gotten too heated. (Not be me, I was fully committed to calm communication). So. An important reminder. Although I find it interesting that my comments on the difference between glyphs and runes was summarily ignored...

Which leads me to my second thought which is conspiracy theory. The discussion was what it was, but when the Egyptians were presented with evidence that refuted, and the arguement lost, they turned hostile. When I presented additional info to put the issue at rest, the attack was more toward me. Reasonable people would have let the issue drop, unless they were enraged. Or following a specific agenda. As if some guiding hand wanted that to deliberately stir things up. Well, I don't know that. What I do know is that:

1. I won't be intimidated by those methods.
2. I will refrain from humor (unless shared with friends like those here) and will not mix humor with scholastic explanations
3. Will rely only on scholarly discourse if problems arise. If others persist in not listening after that, well, I did my best.

Long rant, late for work, bye!

Note: Used the name Egyptians to describe (only 2) people involved. By no means a criticism of those who hold studies and devotions if ancient Egypt dear to their hearts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EarlofLeicester

Male
Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Runemisstresses Vent of the week...lol How can I stop at one   Tue May 29, 2007 4:43 am

Milady Raka wrote:
From my time in the Craft, I have known this to work like a bomb too...

If someone pesters you and/or you wish them to stop bothering you, calling you or interfere with you, all you need to do is write their name on a piece of paper...draw a sigil of a banishing rune over their name, and then place the paper in your freezer...for as long as it's there, and if your intent was right, they won't even call you...or if they are still in contact with you, the 'irritating' part of them will have been frozen....

Normally I find that it 'freezes' them totally...and they stay away from you...very powerful!

Having said that, I believe it is better to 'work through' a problem than to banish a person...since it can always backfire on you if you were not fair to them in the first place...

If you need to banish something, rather banish the 'aspect' that is causing the problem... To do that, you would write their name on a piece of paper, write the irritating aspect below their name and then draw the banishing sigil over the aspect. Then freezer....!!!LOL

love and rainbows

Raka

Very cool technique, thanks for sharing Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runesmisstress

Female

PostSubject: Re: Runemisstresses Vent of the week...lol How can I stop at one   Tue May 29, 2007 5:02 am

Oh Earl none of what happened on the other site was your fault it is just some people take offence more easily. An some don't read fully what has been said before hand. It is all water under the bridge and lessons have been learnt by all, if we let it affect us then they have won.

Any way think I will try the freezer technique just to make me feel happy...lol
Back to top Go down
Milady Raka

Female

PostSubject: Re: Runemisstresses Vent of the week...lol How can I stop at one   Tue May 29, 2007 5:40 am

cyclops A UFO Commander from "outta space" made Earl say:

The discussion was what it was, but when the Egyptians were presented with evidence that refuted, and the arguement lost, they turned hostile. When I presented additional info to put the issue at rest, the attack was more toward me. Reasonable people would have let the issue drop, unless they were enraged. Or following a specific agenda. As if some guiding hand wanted that to deliberately stir things up.

alien The same UFO Commander (after a Space Coctail), made Raka 'understand what she wanted to' and...reply:

LOL, and we have them as neighbours...and believe me, they don't have the same mentality as the Ancients of Egypt had...(who incidentally would undo their mummy bandages and come haunt them if they knew that their hieroglyphs were labeled as "runes"...heh).

love and rainbows

Raka

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Runemisstresses Vent of the week...lol How can I stop at one   

Back to top Go down

Runemisstresses Vent of the week...lol How can I stop at one
Page 1 of 1