Barking dog

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Runesmisstress

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Barking dog   Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 am

Lol yet again I am complaining. Some of you know about my problem with my neighbours dog, but those who don't well here is the deal.

The neighbour that lives behind us has a small dog, which barks at a drop of a hat. We can not sit out the back to enjoy our hard work completed in good weather as the dog will start barking and won't stop. It hasn't got a deep bark but a pathetic little strangle bark. Which is really annoying! I can not sit with my back door open enjoying the breeze because of this dog. When my son was terribly ill the other week the dog would not shut up barking non stop for three hours straight making it impossible for our little boy to go to sleep.

I rang up the council and this what they sent me. Nusence dog barking is hard to prove, so I have to record in writing every time the dog goes off starting and stopping times and then after contacting the neighbour and telling them about their dog if they haven't done any action to contact the ranger. Personally I do not want to go around there as their kids are rude and say some horrible stuff over the fence to us plus throwing their toys over there.(these days their toys do not go back to them we chuck them in the bin). So if their children are allowed to act like that it makes me very hesitent to contact them. D told me that he would go around there as he didn't want me writing a letter that would start world war three...lol Diplomatic I am...Mwahahahah! So I think I have got that out of my system until D gets home and I can yell at him some more...I don't yell don't worry, I won't be too mean to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://witchs-haven.forumotion.com/index.htm
flight _of_angelwings

Female
Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Barking dog   Sun May 13, 2007 1:16 am

Oh go nuts on the guy....lol....I'll let you lose your cool temporarily you are pregnant make use of the excuse whilst you can!!!

Its like over eating you only have the excuse for nine months after that your not allowed to eat anymore....use these to your advantage....haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: Barking dog   Sun May 13, 2007 1:20 am

LOL!!!

Well here are a few things you can consider....

Dogs bark for attention or out of frustration. If he doesn’t have enough food or water, or needs to go to the bathroom, he will whimper or bark.

If he spots another animal on the other side of the fence, he may have a barking fit. If he has food and water and is not barking at another object or animal, he is probably barking for sheer attention.

1. Water sprayed in his face is a good deterrent...if you can see him. If he gets a squirt of water every time he barks he will stop soon enough...it won't hurt him but it might wet the neighbours verandah, just make sure you aim for his face.

2. Citronella sprayed at him will also stop him barking, but you would have to get close for that...so it's probably not practical unless it's your dog. They sell collars these days which releases a little citronella everytime a dog barks and it really stops them, but doesn't harm them.

3. Leave a tape recorder on outside when you sit there...and tape the dog...then send the tape to the authorities...with your voice stating the date and time on it too... They can't argue with that...

I hope things get better soon... (personally I would opt for spraying him with a jet of water).

love and rainbows

Raka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runesmisstress

Female
Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Me suspects boredom is the problem   Sun May 13, 2007 1:57 am

Yes! The dog only seems to bark when they are not there. So I think it is bored and lonely. Will have to keep on at D so he will go over there and talk to them. And then I can get something done about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://witchs-haven.forumotion.com/index.htm
6Incense

PostSubject: Whistle   Mon May 14, 2007 9:08 pm

What about a dog whistle? You know the ones people cannot hear but dogs can?

I am getting one for my dogs. I have a small Cock-a-poo and she used to be an inside dog. Well, my living quarters are equal to a small child's bedroom so she is now outside with the other larger dog.

Well, this little ankle biter lol thinks she is as big as the other dog and barks at EVERYTHING!!!!!! We also live in the woods so there are a lot of night time critters around.

But, I'm thinking this will mellow the dogs out some. I just hope I don't collect a few more neighborhood dogs LOL

Hope you'll give it a thought. Good Luck!

~Rose
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barking dog   

Back to top Go down

Barking dog
Page 1 of 1