What is Mother's Day?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Runesmisstress

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: What is Mother's Day?   Sun May 13, 2007 12:27 am

Well today being mother's day I find that I am home with my son, thank the gods that he is in bed having a nap. I have already changed 5 poo filled nappies, fed him made him comfortable listened to him chuck minor tantrums which to be fair was only slight one and only one. Mmmm Where is his father? I hear you query. Well of course he is on a bucks party playing golf which was only meant to take up the morning according to him but I knew different. I told him when he told me about this that I wasn't happy. And then when I texted him to find out when he was coming home he said 2 to 3 hours at the most. Well I well and truely blew my top and told him that it was @#$%y Mothers day and he should be home with his family not doing some male bonding expedition with a pal that hasn't even invited us to his wedding.(Oh not concerned about that part as I don't know them well enough to warrent an invite.) He texted me back and told me he knew all this and I sent one back saying that it wasn't good enough and it didn't cut. Five minutes later I get a phone call from a severly solem D telling me that he would take me out to dinner. At which point I burst into tears once more telling him it was too late as if he hadn't booked a table yet don't bother as there wouldn't be any tables left any where as people book for mothers day weeks in advance. So he knows that I am really angry and next year if something pops up on Mothers day he better not say yes to it as I missed last one due to the V8 Super cars and haven't had a proper one yet.

So I put to you this question how should you celebrate Mothers day?

Runesmisstress Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://witchs-haven.forumotion.com/index.htm
Milady Raka

Female
Number of posts : 1128

PostSubject: Re: What is Mother's Day?   Sun May 13, 2007 1:00 am

Aww, sweetheart....

That's men for you... My man goes out from the viewpoint that on Mother's day he honours his mother only and since I am not it...I get no acknowledgement. His mom has passed away six years ago already, so that takes care of that....

Having said that though, he is wonderful in other aspects, so I just bite the bullet and let it pass... After all it is only one day, and the other 364 he is very sweet and good to me....most of the time....LOL...

love and rainbows

Raka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flight _of_angelwings

Female
Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: What is Mother's Day?   Sun May 13, 2007 1:14 am

Trust me once your kidlest are old enough to know to scribble a love heart on a card and kiss you in the morning to wake you up so to give it to you you wont even remember hubbies slack organisational skills of the past few years.

When your kidlets are old engouh you will oly ever want or need their hugs and hubby will fall away into the background. Just a shame he couldnt pick up the slack for the first few yrs. You know fathers day is to come you can always plan other things yourself on that day if the days mean nothing to him.....until you miss his fathers day anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runesmisstress

Female
Number of posts : 206

PostSubject: Sanity   Sun May 13, 2007 2:01 am

That is what has kept some sought of sanity in my day, my darling little man being so absolutely goreous and surprising me and making me laugh. Also the fact that now D is driving home all the drunken reprebates, nothing like being sober amongst drunks to make your life interesting....lol Oh an he said he would be my slave, wishful thinking on my part but he doesn't know what is going to hit him if he doesn't make ammends....lol or should I say Mwahahahha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://witchs-haven.forumotion.com/index.htm
Suzi
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: What is Mother's Day?   Sun May 13, 2007 12:27 pm

yeah well make him pay is all i can say.

Mothers day was a few weeks ago here in scotland. My hubby is not included in that day, mothers day is a day spent with my daughter only. I have a wonderful day with her, we go out and do fun things.

Today was a good day tho as its the weekend before my birthday and i was at a beauty show, i got my make up done and had fun with a friend and bought lots of pampering goodies!!!

This evening i am going to pamper myself!!!

Suzi XXX
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EarlofLeicester

Male
Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: Re: What is Mother's Day?   Thu May 31, 2007 8:16 pm

Hmmm, I will tread cautiously in this area, given my earlier... um... indiscretion. But it is a gender neutral area, so I'll just let the fingers find the keys. Odin, don't fail me now. Anyway, my memories of Mother's Day when I was in my 30's and my kids needed parental supervision, being, say, 4 and 1 y.o. (an contrasted to now when they are in their teens and still need supervising, lol), I recall pushing the stroller to the park with my "big boy" who wanted to walk, and gave their Mom the day off, because that was what she wanted the most. With boxes of lunchables, bottles, the diaper bag and, of course, a Norse book (but with one eye trained on the kiddies), it wasn't the hell that some guys make it out to be. I will be the first to admit I wasn't always the best husband (the ex would agree, lol, but that goes both ways) but I had the utmost respect for the sanctity of Mother's Day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Mother's Day?   

Back to top Go down

What is Mother's Day?
Page 1 of 1