About Bullies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EarlofLeicester

Male
Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: About Bullies   Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:59 am

Bullies. I don't like them. And while much of the USA (when it comes to world politics) is only anti-Bush and anti-war (Americans typically only see America and their own agendas), I realize the world is more complex than that. One thing I have seen IMHO and it really has to be humble because I'm no expert is that my viewpoint of some of the leaders of the Muslim world are bullies. (Yes, yes, the same cane be said of leaders in the West, I don't deny that!) But one act bothers me and it's not even aimed at America. It deals with an incident around late 2005 when a newspaper in Denmark printed political cartoons criticizing Muslim belief. Which turned out to be a move that evoked a violent response from Muslims, sacking and burning Danish embassies. That violence is bad enough, but the world leadership through the UN criticized Denmark for not taking action against the newspaper. My thought? What about action against those who burned and attacked Danish diplomats and staff? Why do we always have to pacify the aggressors with the big stick? In other words, the bullies. For this reason, I have to say that I personally support Denmark.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prof. Akers

Male
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: About Bullies   Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:05 am

Think of how much it cost GB to protect Salman Rushdie when he published Santanic Verses - millions because a fatwa (death warrant) was declared by leading muslims.
This whole thing is part of why I'm happy to be an atheist.
I once read a quote by an American president (don't know who) and said something about 'tell the church the man goes to and I'm tell you the man'. Now that is frightening (just had to spell check that funny!).
As I've probably said before the only Americans I know are Californians, surely not all Americans are so 'strange' - are they Earl? While I remember how long did you live in Bournmouth -

Some interesting Bournmouth inhabitants
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Runesmisstress

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: About Bullies   Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:28 am

EarlofLeicester wrote:
Bullies. I don't like them. And while much of the USA (when it comes to world politics) is only anti-Bush and anti-war (Americans typically only see America and their own agendas), I realize the world is more complex than that. One thing I have seen IMHO and it really has to be humble because I'm no expert is that my viewpoint of some of the leaders of the Muslim world are bullies. (Yes, yes, the same cane be said of leaders in the West, I don't deny that!) But one act bothers me and it's not even aimed at America. It deals with an incident around late 2005 when a newspaper in Denmark printed political cartoons criticizing Muslim belief. Which turned out to be a move that evoked a violent response from Muslims, sacking and burning Danish embassies. That violence is bad enough, but the world leadership through the UN criticized Denmark for not taking action against the newspaper. My thought? What about action against those who burned and attacked Danish diplomats and staff? Why do we always have to pacify the aggressors with the big stick? In other words, the bullies. For this reason, I have to say that I personally support Denmark.

Myself all through my life I have been bullied it doesn't matter where I go, or that the people I meet are new to me I get bullied. I must have a big sign on my head that says easy target or something. But I have never attacked the bullies back as I do not wish to sink to there level. My skin has harden over time and my intuition tells me why they pick on me which really sucks as ignorance in those cases is total bliss.

Which ever side you listen to you will here some one say that the other side are bullies. As we all are from different cultures we are brought up in different ways of beliefs so what one culture excepts as the norm another culture will classify as bullying. Here it comes "In my Oppinion" Bullying is bullying it does not matter how you dress it up. If everyone read the section in the Geneva Convention:

Article 1
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood

http://www.hrweb.org/legal/udhr.html

If you wish to read more about the Geneva Convention the link above will get you there.
I do not believe in pandering to one that has done wrong, but I do believe in Karma and that what we read is only the tip of the ice burg. There is always something happening that governments hush up. They will get there just rewards eventually.

Sorry this might have sounded a bit confusing for all it is late here and I have so much to do online, my brain is running into over drive with my list. Oh well chat with you all later.

RM
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://witchs-haven.forumotion.com/index.htm
EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: About Bullies   Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:38 am

Prof. Akers wrote:
Think of how much it cost GB to protect Salman Rushdie when he published Santanic Verses - millions because a fatwa (death warrant) was declared by leading muslims.
This whole thing is part of why I'm happy to be an atheist.
I once read a quote by an American president (don't know who) and said something about 'tell the church the man goes to and I'm tell you the man'. Now that is frightening (just had to spell check that funny!).
As I've probably said before the only Americans I know are Californians, surely not all Americans are so 'strange' - are they Earl? While I remember how long did you live in Bournmouth -

Well, atheism may have its advantages but godlessness can lead to a lack of all kinds of values and morals too, which seems to be the case with many Americans. Is one state better than the other? I'm probably not qualified to answer that. California? America is a big place, and, consequently there are different cultures in America. Supposedly there are 8 different cultural mindsets in America, the "Californian" being the craziest of the bunch. The most opposite to the Californian way of thinking is that of the New Englander (according to a 1990 study, not my opinions I am giving here), of which I am one, at least by birth. So, no, we Americans are not all that crazy. Bournemouth? Lived there for 6 months when I was 5. A long time ago. Nicest people I have ever met on this planet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EarlofLeicester

Male

PostSubject: Re: About Bullies   Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:08 am

Runesmisstress wrote:
Myself all through my life I have been bullied it doesn't matter where I go, or that the people I meet are new to me I get bullied. I must have a big sign on my head that says easy target or something. But I have never attacked the bullies back as I do not wish to sink to there level. My skin has harden over time and my intuition tells me why they pick on me which really sucks as ignorance in those cases is total bliss.

Which ever side you listen to you will here some one say that the other side are bullies. As we all are from different cultures we are brought up in different ways of beliefs so what one culture excepts as the norm another culture will classify as bullying. Here it comes "In my Oppinion" Bullying is bullying it does not matter how you dress it up. If everyone read the section in the Geneva Convention:

Article 1
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood

http://www.hrweb.org/legal/udhr.html

If you wish to read more about the Geneva Convention the link above will get you there.
I do not believe in pandering to one that has done wrong, but I do believe in Karma and that what we read is only the tip of the ice burg. There is always something happening that governments hush up. They will get there just rewards eventually.

Sorry this might have sounded a bit confusing for all it is late here and I have so much to do online, my brain is running into over drive with my list. Oh well chat with you all later.

RM

Hmmm, not so much confusing as it is challenging. This challenge is almost the Devil's Advocate perspective? Did the Danes incite the response they receive? An interesting question. Their culture allows freedom of speech. From the Muslim perspective, it was blasphemy. So, the good Muslim did what he or she had to do, I guess.

Well, I am not a believer in one world religion or government inasmuch as it seems unlikely given the fragmentation of the world into different cultural traditions and ways of thinking. I find myself more sympathetic to Denmark than Islam. Their way of life aligns with mine more than the Muslim. The other way of life is too alien for me. Devil's advocate not withstanding, I cannot abandon the roots of my people, which certainly have some ties with Denmark via Danish occupation of Britain many years ago.

Sorry that you are an easy mark for bullies. Probably because you are a nice person and nice people seem to be the prey for mean people like that. A popular bumper sticker in the USA reads Mean People Suck. SO true.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Bullies   

Back to top Go down

About Bullies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Great Mystic Portal :: General :: Chit Chat...-
Jump to: